- Heat olive oil in a large pan and gently cook the onions until soft, but not brown.
- Stir in ground cumin, cook for 1 minute then add chopped pumpkin and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Then season with salt and pepper and reduce heat. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until pumpkin is very tender.
- Blend the soup in a food processor or with a hand blender, then add the cream. Reheat gently, check the seasoning, and pour into warmed bowls.
- Swirl the pumpkin oil into the soup and serve immediately.